Wednesday, April 29, 2009

HATS!

-MOMMY (DOUBLE full-time 24/7)
-Wife (full-time as well)
-Chauffer
-'Chef' (this includes buying food, planning meals ane executing said meals)
-Maid (my house was so much cleaner when I worked outside the home and didn't have a baby)
-Landscaper (ok, I REALLY need to work on this more but hey it still gets done-sort of)
-Accountant- and that currently includes ADDED stress with Countrywide...ugh...and paying bills, balancing a checkbook ect. people hire LAWYERS to deal with this garbage...
-personal assistant- this includes making sure everyone has doct. appointments scheduled and all other needs met
- school counselor (people are hired full-time for this job, yet it falls on me to make sure my husband's school things are in order- why? I still don't have an answer for you!)
-therapist- nuf said (another full-time gig)
-and I am currently finishing writing my novel (another full-time deal)AND opening my Montessori school in the fall
-oh, and church jobs- serving in RS and getting my visiting teahing done

so if I added these jobs up and was making the salaries of all these positions, I would be a MULTI-MILLIONARE! Women, we wear a lot of hats- because we CAN (and we sort of have to) Men can only focus on one task at a time- no offense men, it is the way it is... Here's to women and our many hats we wear!

4 comments:

Cheryl Whitney said...

You wear your hats well darlin'!!!
I know it's hard at times.... When it gets overwhelming.......I TAKE MY HAT OFF AND GO TO BED!!!! LOL

craftyashley said...

Heh- you are hilarious.

thegatewoodfamily said...

lol all I can say is AMEN!

the Queen of Harts said...

It only gets better from here, Honey! ;) Just don't forget that you have to decorate your hats from time to time...you know...add Reese's and naps. It helps the balancing act.