Saturday, April 4, 2009

AHHH swimsuit season...the bikini does not lie...

It's no surprise that swinsuit season is right around the corner. Last season, I was 6-8 months preggers and sported a cute, non-maternity swinsuit from Modbe. It was excellent because it was as figure flattering as pregnant person could expect and was cute, comfortable ect.



Well, I have been busting my butt and I am now back to pre-pregnancy body- hoora-wait. I was trying to lose 20 lbs BEFORE I became pregnant. Uh oh- and now I have a very well-stretched out tummy to tone up on top of it- thanks for weighing ten lbs Hailyn- Ugh.



It was so much easier working out when I was already 'in shape'. I walked everywhere on campus, I got college credit for working out-yeah, and I had no money to buy food. Now, I have the stress that comes with adulthood- a stupid mortgage, launching a school and finishing my book in addition to raising my daughter and taking care of my husband- no sweat- it's a wlak in the park! ha!



So I'm not going to sugar coat it. I could make excuses as to why I'm not in my beach bod mode- but I'm not going to- I've lost thirty lbs already- la de da- I now need to lose the last twenty and tone up my belly. It must be done. There's no sweet way of ignoring it- the bikini does not lie...



With that being said- I despise working out-I'm not going to tell you how fun it is- it's essential-that's all it is for me right now. Maybe I'll break into the 'fun phase' later on but for now, it sucks- when I was in shape it was annoying to do but bearable. Now I just loathe it-but I am committed to doing SOMETHING every day.

We'll see how that goes...

2 comments:

amber belmonte said...

yeah.. i've been working on my "beach bod" for the last SEVEN years, LOL.. taylor's way too old now to blame my weight on baby weight but i do anyway..

sadly, my body will probably never see a bathing suit again without a coverup over it.. let alone a BIKINI! :) good luck with your goal! i know you can do it!

craftyashley said...

I have an instant solution. Take twin mommy to the beach with you. Her sagging, scarred belly will make anyone look like a swimsuit model in no time!
:)