Friday, April 17, 2009

Coscto connundrum...

Well, I decided to spend my 105th post (yeah!) on my woes with Costco. Here are some things I have learned about this amazing establishment:

1. It doesn't matter when I go, what time of day or what day of the week, it is ALWAYS busy!
2. People don't care if you don't have a cart, are carrying an infnat carseat, they will cut you in aisles, hit your cart and park in the middle of an aisle- or stop right in front of the muffins you need to quickly grab- these people stop and analyze for at least five minutes, trying to figure out which muffins to buy
3. They always overstock one thing and understock another...
4. When they run out they don't restock until they feel like it... (ie Carnation Instant Breakfast- essential to my life...)
5. People will fight hell and high water to get EVERY sample of beef jerky available
6. People honestly go just for the samples...
7. People will always stock up on the coupons even if they don't need it
8. I always pick the wrong line...always
9. I usually have to go to Walmart after Costco- and will often debate buying two large bottles of ranch in the 'twin pack' just to avoid another trip to another dreadful store
10. Costco is essential to my existence (sadly so is Walmart...)
11. Even if I go in for 'just muffins' it still ends up costing me $100- they need to rename it the $100- I ALWAYS spend $100 there!

7 comments:

craftyashley said...

I agree with all of the above! Dang appeal of buying everything in bulk!

Chad K said...

Very nice observation. Very accurate as well. With all the money I "saved" by shopping at Costco, I analyzed my overall spending after moving away from Costco, and the transfer to shopping mostly at Walmart has actually proved to be significantly cheaper, although I don't enjoy what I eat quite as much. So, what I'm saying is, Costco is definately worth it. By the way, Hailyn is getting so cute! We really need to come see you guys again.

the Queen of Harts said...

hahaha....Heidi calls is the 100 dollar store. ;)

The Foote Family said...

So true, I always spend more than I planned on. I still love it though. Well love it in a way and hate it in a way...really. They really need to open up a new one on this side of town because it is WAY too busy lately. Then I think it'd be perfect. If you think the sample thing at the Vegas Costco is bad, holy smokes you need to check out the Orem/Provo Costco. It is like WWII to get a sample there. People are waiting in lines for like 2-3 cycles of samples to get one sometimes (and blocking all the aisles in the meantime), people send their little kids to sneak through up to the front of the sample line (since their little and sneaky and can fit through the small spots) to steal all the samples and disregard the wait line and bring them back a snack. It is hilarious and awful at the same time. I have been culprit to this at times. heehee I have to ask how much is my time worth for a free little sample?

The Foote Family said...

Oh and I mean guilty of waiting for way to long for a stupid free sample---NOT guilty of being the kid that cuts everyone else off and then takes like 5 or 6 samples back to his family!!! had to clarify...I realized I was vague.

Cheryl Whitney said...

hey....if you can get out of there only spending $100, you are doing better than most!!!
That store is totally crazy though....SERIOUSLY!!!

Eric and Erin said...

I go on Friday nights or since I have a business pass, I go at like 7 in the morning on a Saturday.......and no one is ever there. Have you tried those times?