Monday, March 30, 2009

She is the COUPON QUEEN!

Ok, maybe not Queen just yet, but surely a jester of some sort. This is like baby stepping into the world of couponing- I am getting my feet wet. My friend Amber has a couponing blog giving awesome deals and updates. So after reading said updates I went to Walgreens, met the nicest woman who wasn't even on the clock yet and she helped me venture around the store and learn a few tricks.

I partook in the showergel offer. I bought the first one originally 3.99-I used a printable $1 off coupon, got it for 2.99 and then received register rewards and got the next one for .34! Not bad for me anyhow- this is a rolling kind of deal- you could buy shower gel all week for .34-the tax. That's it!

I also got 80 Pampers Swaddlers diapers for $8.

So I didn't make out like a bandit- but I did ok- I'm sort of getting this- once I combine printables and the sunday paper coupons, ect ect. I will feel like I have more of a handle on this.

Also, a hard thing for me to get used to is that I'm used to buying the specific brand of whatever I want whenever I need/want it. I need to train my brain to stock up on sales, and use what is available. I also need to master buying food and then EATING/COOKING at home. I need to re-train my brain in this area as well.

But for now I will celebrate my small victory- baby steps...

4 comments:

craftyashley said...

Yeah, I have a hard time with that too. I like to use the same brand of say, diapers- because they work better! I'm adjusting too! :)

Cheryl Whitney said...

good job kiddo........
sorry I've been out of the loop. I know you know what's happening, so sooooooon, I will get back to normal and we'll take some time to catch up.... I miss you and I love you sweetie!!

amber belmonte said...

thanks for the shout out :)

lacie tidwell said...

No prob Amber- I tell everyone about my savvy friend Amber who knows the best deals ect. and pass along your blog- it's helpful to me!