Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!!

So I never really understood why start a new year in the midst of winter. It's cold and dead outside. It doesn't make sense to me to 'set a goal' to 'lose those ten lbs' in the middle of January when all a person (meaning me) wants to stay inside in my cozy house and watch episodes of 'The Office', eating delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies. I never understood why people do 'Spring cleaning' when in is gorgeous and beautiful outside- go enjoy the outdoors! Plus, I get out all of my Christmas crap from the back of the closet and have a mess to put away- so I end up purguing garbage. So I do my spring cleaning in January, when I'm inside ignoring the cold weather anyway and still have delicious Christmas leftovers to eat to motivate me to do my cleaning and do my 'new years resolution' of losing weight in the spring- when I want to be outdoors playing anyway- so I believe New Year's should start when spring is here- when everything is reborn and 'spring cleaning' when I already have crap invading my hallways... It's a win-win for me! What's your take on this?

So instead of wishing you a Happy New Year- I'm going to wait a few months- when the groundhog's shadow isn't looming over our spirits- come on Puxotony Phil!
I truly hope 2009 brings each of you much joy and happiness! Ring out 2008- ring in2009! Happy 'spring' cleaning!

4 comments:

craftyashley said...

You are so funny! Let's clean out our garages together!

amber belmonte said...

i like your idea :) but i'm going to say happy new year to you anyway, LOL.... i'm sure you're out partying like rockstars right now. ;)

MY LITTLE DANTIES said...

amen sister

Cheryl Whitney said...

girl..... you saw my garage...hmmmm I just need to give more things away!!!