Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'm such a stage mom...

My sweet angel- or something like that...



As I was posting the awesome pictures of Hailyn below, I realized I left a story untold, one of frustration, and I needed to share it. The story of how I became a stage mom.

In attempts to get the grandparents and great grandparents pictures of my lil' bit, I called JC Penny's because I had a coupon deal. They told me that they were arranging an angel shoot for ONE day only and would I like to bring her in for said shoot. Absolutely, what would be more wonderful than a sweet, sleeping picture of my little sweetie dressed up as an angel and give as gifts to the gparents and such. Oh, Hailyn is not even FOUR WEEKS OLD yet. So, I make the appointment for nine am, first one out the door. I get there a little before nine, they tell me that my appointment has been double booked, (ahh) and would I mind waiting forty minutes- they will throw in some free pictures- ok fine. Well, then the nine-thrity appointment shows up, is frusterated that "I cut in front of them" say what? and so I am rushed through the shoot time. Hailyn wakes up and she is FURIOUS and crying hysterically. So, aside from all this, I decide to keep going with the shoot- it is one day only after all, and I had this coupon and I was getting free pictures and yada yada. Well, the people that also had the nine am appt (double booking jerks) had forty minutes for thier shoot- I had ten. Perhaps if I had forty minutes, I could have fed her, soothed her and maybe got one good shot of a calm serene angel. Well, I only got ten minutes, so I got a screaming, bewildered looking angel.

Here's where the stage mommy in me came out. Determined to use my coupon (oh geez) and the fact that the angel shoot was only one day, I asked if they could re-do her shots because they SUCKED. They said they would squeeze me in next. Well, they kept having appointments, and finally, they got me in at 1:30pm. What was I doing that whole time? Sitting in the cramped little studio of JC Penny's very impatienly with a SCREECHING infant driving them crazy (ha ha- that's what you get for pushing back my appointment jerks and then rushing me!) So we get in there again, Hailyn's ticked as she has been the whole time. She's tired, I'm exhausted, but we proceed with the shoot anyway. The very last picture is the one we ended up with. Was it a sweet serene angel picure? Not my daughter. This picture pretty much sums up the entire day.
HERE'S TO YOU JC PENNY'S!

If you look closely at the future America's next top model (he he ) she pretty much expresses her opinion on the day- that's right, she is flipping the bird- again. I don't know where she learned that! Word, Hailyn.
PS. For the record my 'free shots' included one puny 8x10 and the coupon wasn't applicable to the angel shoot anyhow- thanks JC Penny's thanks. Regardless, after this horrible experience, we got some AMAZING shots from an AWESOME photographer/awesome friend! Oh, wondering what pictures I ended up ordering? The last one- you can't beat the irony of a baby dressed as an angel flipping the bird. She hated the costume, hated the day- as did I and she made it known. Hopefully I got all my stage mommyness out and I'll never put her through that again! I just love this little girl!!!!!
I don't think there is a better way to say merry christmas than to give the gparents a pic of thier granddaughter flipping the bird- ha! Thank goodness for the pictures below!!!

4 comments:

craftyashley said...

I hate those studios. We went to Portrait Innovations or something like that. The girls were fine in the waiting room, the minute we got into the studio- mayhem, crying. It was such a bad shoot! But I was exhausted and just wanted to get the pictures for mother's day and be outa there. The pics are horrible, and they cost me $70. I'm doing only shots with photographer friends- it's probably more pricey- but more likely to yield better shots!

lacie tidwell said...

I agree Ashley! Photographer friends are the way to go (I need to butter them up:) Ugh $70! Those photography places are HORRIBLE- I can only imagine with TWINS too- after having one screaming child in there- sheesh, you are my HERO!

Kelly Shoroye said...

Ahhh! that sucks, I might have gotten violent :) We stopped doing in the studio thing, they never took pictures we loved and cost us an arm and leg. Now we take pictures ourselves, or use my dads nifty camera.

Cheryl Whitney said...

oh the memories......
glad my daughter rocks at photography... lol