Monday, December 15, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

BAH HUMBUG no more! So I decided to stop being a GRINCH and broke down due to the request of my honey!!!
Ok, so Ryan asked me on Sunday night, "uh, where's the Christmas tree?" I replied "in the garage" like duh, of course it's in the garage, where else would it be? He gave me puppy eyes and the lip and asked if I would be putting it up this year. (Uh, I put it up last year and he asked me WHY I bothered to put it up- men, and they say women change their minds-whatever!) anyhow, I couldn't resist so monday morning, I busted out the Christmas tree and pulled out decorations from the back of the closet which was a feat in and of itself. So Ryan comes home to some decked out halls... and everything else in the closet. Yup folks, if I was going to dig in the back of the closet, I was going to do some 'spring cleaning'. It's still a work in progress...
Anyhow, here are some pics of our holiday decor...
Here's some ornaments that my grandma made- she also made me and all my siblings stockings- they are very beloved...


My stocking for now... ( I plan to retire it and make Ry, Hailyn and I matching stockings)

Ryan's stocking- yes we're 'grown ups'- haha- never! He loves Batman, I love Princess Aurora..

Stewie! Every year Ry and I get an ornament, and I'm getting Hailyn an ornament each year- so when she leaves the house she'll have those Christmas memories to take with her- just like I did! (I'm also doing new PJ'sfor a Christmas Eve present so we'll have blingin' pj's Christmas morning)Oh, so Stewie has a laser gun and the present says "to Lois"

Our first ornament together! Est. 2004!

I found these smore's ornaments- love 'em! Love snowmen and smores- best of both worlds! I got the teacher one last year when I was teaching. Baby's first Christmas is obviously Hailyn's ornament this year (as she gets older the ornament will be in the stocking like mine were)

The only nativity set we'll have up for the next few years:)

Ok, so I made these ornaments with my students two years ago- love 'em! I ended up making a whole bunch- they look like giant marbles and are stunning in person!

Need I say more? If any of you know my husband, you know you will ALWAYS find Diet Coke in the fridge at our house

Love smore snowmen and ice cube snowmen- AWESOME!

The tree!

So although the decorations are up late, at least they're up! I kicked the grinch- bah humbug spirit and now have awesome Christmas decor in my home- now, if I can clean up the aftermath BEFORE Christmas... ahh... that is the goal now. I'll keep ya posted! I need some elfs to come clean this mess up!

5 comments:

craftyashley said...

Awesome Stewie ornament!

Cheryl Whitney said...

Totally fun post.....
I love the memorable ornaments!!
Thanks for sharing cutie....

lacie tidwell said...

I knew you'd appreciate the Stewie ornament Ashley!

amber belmonte said...

i got all my stuff up last night, FINALLY :)

lacie tidwell said...

Procrasticantion is a way of life...:) at least in my life! This stuff is staying up til after new years- sheesh!