Monday, December 15, 2008

A stage mom again????

Kicking andn Screaming (me kicking, Hailyn screaming)
My baby looooves photo shoots- normally:) So, one of the coolest people I know wanted to shoot some newborn pics of Hailyn- yeah! She does AMAZING pics- I'm always up for that and was SOOOO excited for Amber to shoot her- I was seriously jumping up and down. Well, Friday was the BIG day and Hailyn- with her cold (which I didn't recognize til later- thought she was fine from earlier that week- she wasn't) was cranky, there was no hard surface, by the time she calmed down the light was gone- huge sigh. Sorry Amber:( She got one shot which I think turned out beautifully- Hailyn was sick (ah stage mom-I felt SO bad!)and I feel doubly bad because Amber came all the way down from Utah and the shoot was a flop- the model was not cooperating. (Amber I should've listened to you- and my gut- knowing what you needed now, could've done it at my house-way easier! ahh, kicking myself!) Anyhow, here is the shot...

Sorry it was a flop Amber:( Maybe someday she'll brave doing another Tidwell shoot??:) I think I was being punished for wanting something too badly- coveting and what not- sigh. Love you Amber:)Glad I got to see you!THANK YOU THANK YOU!

6 comments:

Matt, Calli, & Dixon said...

Even though the shoot didn't turn out, it was worth that one photo! It is such a beautiful photo! She is adorable and I hope she is feeling better so we can hang out!

craftyashley said...

So pretty! Amber! I need you to shoot my kids!
You are super-extraordinary with the camera!

Kelly Shoroye said...

Cute picture. Can't wait to meet her.

amber belmonte said...

she is so stinkin' cute! i literally see 5000 things wrong with that picture, but it was the best one. she doesn't even look like she had just got done screaming her head off! she actually looks like she was just chillin' and enjoying herself, LOL :) oh well, it was great practice + gives me a good idea of what to expect with future newborn sessions!

i LOVED seeing you! i so wish we lived closer!

lacie tidwell said...

OHHH me too Amber! I LOVE the pic- I'm ordering a HUGE one to frame- I know you see some flaws but I LOVE it and I'm STOKED to order a humungeous pic! I so love your pics and you! :)

Cheryl Whitney said...

WOW....I love that shot!!
Amber is very picky about her work!! you know....she's an artist and they are picky, picky, picky!!
But that's why her work is so good, because she expects so much out of herself!! She's so talented....and I think this shot is awesome!!!