Monday, November 24, 2008

Laundry...

This post comes with a huge *sigh*... seriously, I finally get it all caught up, turn around and BAM! There's another mountain! To be fair, Ryan usually has his work out clothes, his work clothes, then regular clothes all in the same day- multiply that by five... anyhow you see my dilema... putting away laundry is the most annoying household chore for me. Give me dishes, cleaning the bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming but do not ask me to fold clothes and put them in drawers. Don't ask me why- it doesn't make sense. What's your worst household chore to do- the one you avoid at all costs?

Another question...
My daughter has the CUTEST clothes EVER- seriously, it's so fun to pick out her outfit every day- is it morally wrong that my daughter has cuter clothes than me? She's going to need a bigger closet than me! why do they make kids clothes so dang cute?! ESPECIALLY girl clothes! Regardless, between her and my husband, our washing machine is getting a LOT of use- I guess I should get used to it- it'll only grow with each member of the family we keep adding-*sigh*

7 comments:

craftyashley said...

I was thinking exactly that today. I just finished folding and putting away the adorable baby clothes, only to find that I need to run another load! Not fair!
And the girls have a way better wardrobe than me... it's way more fun to shop for them than big ol fat me!

The Foote Family said...

I hate laundry too! It just never ends--it is the constant battle. I guess I shouldn't complain because I do have a pretty nice washer and dryer, but still oooh how I dread laundry and ironing. Oh and the clothes thing is so true too. Sarah has a cuter wardrobe than me...or is just that she is so dang cute she makes everything look good...probably both. haha
I love your blog bytheway. I know Tyler wants to get you those pictures soon! Sorry he's been sooooo busy lately, but we need to get together.

lacie tidwell said...

What is it with laundry? I am getting ready to do THREE more loads today- at least- it's not like I have a big family! Sigh- Ashley- I totally know what you mean- why do they make kids clothes so dang cute? And Katie, I agree- I think Hailyn just makes everything look so dang cute! We do have to get together soon! Let me know when it's good for you after thanksgiving- I still can't believe Sarah is getting ready to turn one! No sweat on the pics by the way! We know you guys are busy! We're just excited they are taken and look SO amazing! You guys rock! Happy thanksgiving!!!!

the Queen of Harts said...

Yes, yes, that vast mountain of smelly fabric...a basic necessity of life, yet, such a mundane daunting little chore! I too, adore it as much as you! :) Hey, atleast were not using washboards and bending over a stream to clean 'em!

lacie tidwell said...

UGH! Could you imagine? I guess it could be waaaaay worse!!!! The only washboard I want in my life are my abs! (ha ha!)

Cheryl Whitney said...

Amen to cute girls clothes..... I always had so much fun shopping for Amber as a baby, then I did Josh, J.R. and Jeff..... crazy, but all the boys stuff looks THE SAME!!!

As far as my worst chore???? I'd have to agree that Laundry is my least favorite!! Hence, "FLUFF AND FOLD" Laundromats......HA HA HA

Allison said...

Hey Girl! We want to come see you guys and the new babe. Maybe on our way down to California this Christmas...

So, you want to come clean my bathrooms and I'll fold your laundry? Doesn't seem like a fair swap to me, but I'm all for it! :)