Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Me encanta Mexico!

HOLA! Today I was reminicing and came across pictures from me and Ryan's anniversary trip to Cancun. I thought I would post and take a trip down memory lane...


This is a crab we saw on the beach- he kept running then burying himself in the sand- it was hilarious!


This is us at Chichen Itza- it was amazing!!! We wanted to hike to the top of the pyramid but a week before some drunk idiot went to the top and fell off- thanks a lot mister, that was the whole purpose we went to Chichen Itza! We still had fun- a lot of ancient Mayan ruins to see in Cancun! Oh, this is the last picture taken of my Christian Dior sunglass Ryan got for me- I loved those sunglasses, they are forever lost at sea in the Carribean ocean...



This is us at sunrise on the beach- the water is warm all the time and we went for an early morning dip while all the partiers were sleeping off their hangovers. Cancun and Cozumel has some of the best reefs in the world! Ahh, I love it there!



On our way to Chichen Itza we stopped at a rainforest park, it was amazing! We hiked down into this wide open hole filled with water, a tree grew above and the roots of the tree came down into this cavity. At the bottom, the roots touch a pool of warm water, and you could go swimming in between the roots. It was awesome!!


So... we stayed at a beautiful resort, and when I booked it, they said there was a mini fridge in the room- awesome! Well, they lied, so Ryan and I improvised!

Needless to say, it was an amazing anniversary trip! As I wonder what we will do for our fifth anniversary (with the economy and me not working, probably Del Taco and a Net flix) I know that whatever we do, it will be the best anniversary ever- because I married the best guy in the world for me. It doesn't matter where we are or what we do, we always have a great time because we are together. I am super lucky!Love you babe! Thanks for taking a walk with me down memory lane...

6 comments:

Janssen said...

Looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing :)

amber belmonte said...

i want to swim in that water!
and thank you for your comment regarding that post! :)

craftyashley said...

I am so jealous... of the amazing trip to Mexico... and the adorable sunglasses! I too have lost sunglasses- mine was off the coast of Hawaii. Mental note- when flying along in a boat, take glasses off before looking at dolphins in the water.

lacie tidwell said...

Yeah that water wa awesome! Amber- love ya, love your pics, keep being your sweet, genius self! Ashley, what is it about sunglasses that they always get lost-especially in the ocean? I guess it's sort of a no brainer, but yet, I have lost many and it seems a lot of others have. Let's start a support group. People, please share your sunglass loss-stories- it's time to release! Perhaps that's why I should stick with $7 glasses- sigh. I wonder how many glasses are in the bottom of the ocean? my guess is 89 million

craftyashley said...

Perhaps we should take a scuba lesson and snag some of those sunglasses! Oh yeah, rust. Nevermind!
I have two pair at present- Cheapo Target ones and my pretty Kate Spade ones. They look exactly like each other- so I check the labels. But it has to be a pretty good reason to break out the Kates.

Cheryl Whitney said...

I want to swim in that water too...and I don't even like the ocean...Well, let me clarify!! I love the ocean, I just don't like to swim in the ocean, but I think I want to swim in that ocean...it's beautiful, and I'm sure there is nothing lurking that would possibly grab my leg and pull me down into the depths of the dark abyss that is below.....auhggggggggg -- I'll just look!!!