Monday, July 4, 2011

Stroller drama

Ok, so while in Disneyland, my very wonderful and not cheap jogging stroller had three flat tires- SERIOUSLY? I NEEDED this stroller to make it through the next two weeks! So we go to a gas station and pump up the tires, one is off the rim, the rim is bent. I filed it up and it was 'passable' for the next few days but it wouldnt last a week at Disneyworld. I was NOT about to rent a stroller for $25 a day. I noticed the front tire on my side was low, so I filled it and noticed a crack in the side wall. So the morning before we left (at 730am) I left my sister at her friend's house and took h to a discount tire. THREE of my tires were close to the rim! So yeah, I had to buy a set of new tires. Better than a blow out (or THREE) in the middle of a hot summers day on the way from California to Vegas (NADA out there!) but really I am grateful for the stroller tires being low, noticing the tire on my side and for the tender mercy God gave me. It could have been really bad! I'm so grateful! Good news, Ryan was able to fix the tire and we took the stroller (no carry on charge thank you airlines!) We didn't have to rent those awful plastic ones (she would NOT have slept in those) and she was comfortable. I'm grateful God was looking out for me and my sweet little family!

While it wasn't fun to do tires on vacation, it was essential and I'm grateful I didn't have a blowout. It also helped to have the magical kingdom there to ease my mind:)

Disney- ROCKS!

No comments: