Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Adventures in strollerland...

I have the most incredible daughter. Seriously. Her little spirit is just custom made for our little family.

I've been having insomnia issues. Again. Oh joy.

so sometimes I wake up with brilliant ideas.

I also need to explain I've had car issues lately. So yesterday after waiting two hours for an oil change I learned I needed another tire (yes I just got new tires in California going to disneyland. Awesome). so yes, whatever. I call ryan he picks me up. No worries. Well, I wasn't sure if he was working today and I didn't sleep last night so when Hailyn woke up and ate breakfast, Ryan was STILL asleep. I was angry I wasn't getting sleep. So I decided I wasn't waiting until noon for him to wake up to get my car. I would go now.

Remember the stroller issues I also had in California and Ryan temporarily fixed it for our florida trip? remember that. So I decided I wasn't waiting for him. It was time to get my car. I packed Hailyn, my cell phone, wallet, snacks, and TONS of water and headed out the door with my kiddo. We decided to stop at Tropical Smoothie to let her stretch her legs and grab a yummy treat. then we headed out. Well this deterred me from my original route. I thought hmm Arville, I'll go to it from Cactus. DUH! Its desert terrain! So I went further EAST (opposite direction of where I needed to go) and ended up adding two plus miles of rocky desert terrain to my journey. I SHOULD have stayed on my PAVED EASY PATH- Silverado Ranch to My 4.5 miles of easy paved road was 6.5+ miles two of which were pretty rocky...and the shantys- oh the shantys! SCARY!

MORAL OF THE STORY: GET SLEEP! Be patient. NEVER take 'shortcuts' and stay on the path (gospel oriented there).

All in all I'm glad I went. Ryan called me right when I was getting there and I was like I didn't want to wait for you. I think he felt bad, I wasn't trying to make him feel bad I just wanted to GO!

What can I say, sleep deprivation makes you do some nutty things. and hey I got in a GREAT workout and go my car- and save gas.

Also, I will be fixing that stroller today. Not jogging as much nearly killed me.

1 comment:

craftyashley said...

YOU KNOW! You could've called me and I could have driven ya!

But- wow. Kudos to you, babe!