Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The strength of three men

So I know I haven't been the best blogger lately. I always thought when I wans't working 50 hours a week and I was finished with school I would have all this free time. HA! Motherhood has proved me wrong! I work 24/7, don't get 'sick' days, and still maintain the roles of menu planner 'chef' (in the looser sense of the word, I make sure food gets on the table;) chauffer, laundress (my new term for laundry maiden) accountant (which right now is a juggling act I've nearly perfected_ and an acitvist against robbers (Aka Countrywide;) all while finishing my novel that I am writing- yes I am writing a novel- it's always been a goal of mine to write a novel, and OPENING up a preschool.

To put things in perspective, On Three Men and a Baby- it took THREE men just to raise ONE child- well la de da- a woman (at least this one) has the strength of THREE men and 15 other fulltime jobs. Not to toot my own horn but I feel a lot like Wonder Woman with all the craziness I'm going through- yes I am aware it's self inflicted.

But I like being insanely busy- I always have enjoyed having a TON on my plate- and polishing it off one at a time!

Oh- and working out to lose the last 15 lbs- hooorah to me for making it this far- still a ways to go.

So I'm NEARLY there! I'll keep you posted on my crazy endeavors- right now the goal is to order a bunch of materials and get more shelves(crazy story- huge sigh!) with no dinero- we shall see how that pans out.

My classroom is looking awesome by the way-I'll post pics soon- and I am hosting an Open House on Aug. 20 at 6pm for interested parents- let me know if you want details!

Wish me luck as I knock this all out!

3 comments:

craftyashley said...

I had to chuckle at "all the free time" thing. So funny- yet sad. The last time I had "free time" was probably in elementary school!

lacie tidwell said...

seriously! If I were getting paid for all the full-time jobs, I'd be a millionaire! ha!

Matt, Calli, & Dixon said...

Amen sister! You are a wonder woman! I am excited that your school is coming together and can't wait to see pics of how you have it arranged! Love ya and miss ya!