Friday, August 21, 2009

Great Success!

I buy clock radio...he cannot afford...great success! Ok just a little quote from a hilarious favorite movie of mine! haha!

But really the Open House went amazingly well! I got to meet some amazing children and thier parents, and I am SO excited about the school year ahead.

I think (I HOPE!) my parents and other wonderful people who came got to see what I'm actually doing. I converted my entire downstairs into a classroom. Literally, the whole downstairs, and it is nearly as big as my classroom was when I taught at a private school here in the valley. I also hope they came away with a better understading of the Montessori method and why it is successful. This preschool is unqiue, and after seeing it first hand, I hope my parents got a feel for what I will be doing next year- a truly unique educational experience!

I am like my friend Janssen, who won't post pics until everything is situated (which is why I have yet to post pics of my house- ha ha! soon!:) My materials were supposed to be here on by Thursday- the day of the Open House- it got postponed until WEDNESDAY! So I posted pics of the materials I ordered and placed them on the shelves- and my parents and students were so understanding and so supportive!

I feel truly blessed to have such amazing kids and parents- and I have to thank everyone for their love, support, donations, offers of help, encouraging words during meltdown moments, and all and all people who believe in me, and believe in what I'm doing. I am truly grateful to you all, and I am so lucky to have you in my life!

So I promise, once those materials arrive I WILL be posting pictures of the classroom.

2 comments:

craftyashley said...

So I have to apologize for my flakiness. I had it on my calendar and everything. But of course, the girls went berserk and I started crying in a hormonal rage... yadda, yadda... I didn't make it! I'm glad it went well! Go you!

lacie tidwell said...

No worries! It went really well:) you girlies can come check out the classroom anytime:)