Monday, August 10, 2009

TEN MONTHS

Ten months ago (yesterday) I was in the hospital, holding with one arm my sweet little 8lb bundle of awesomeness. Yesterday she turned ten months old- double didgits here people- TWO WHOLE HANDS! She's officially in the double digits with the months and I feel like it's slipping by too fast. But just when I think she can't get any cuter- BAM! SHE DOES! Some adorable cute things she does now are:

She eats GROWN UP food- like what Ryan and I eat for dinner- I still give her jars, but she's definately more interested in what we're eating- ever since she stole that french fry at Fuddruckers she's like- 'wait, this is so much better than the stuff I get- let me at 'em!' She likes: papa johns pepporoni pizza, chocolate mufffins from Costco, powdered donuts,ice cream, milkshakes, DIET COKE (thanks Paps-ha!)Dr. Pepper (thanks mom! ha!)cake, watermelon, strawberries, occasionally pickles, canteloupe, pasta, FIREHOUSE (she is so our child!) and of course Fudd's and pretty much anything else we give her as long as she can gum it and mash it well. She has a sweet tooth- don't know where she gets that from (ha!) She is a great eater- and she packs it away!

She loves to swim and therefore loves bathtime

She talks like nobody's business- she's moved fro saying 'a-da' to daddee (with a lil zip on the end' mama, shooz (shoes), hapeee (again with the zip at the end), up, puppy, baby, and yesterday in church she said pleeze and thak ewww(I'm going to go on a limb and say she was saying 'thank you') but please WAS clear. I've been asked- how is she so verbal- well have you met her mom? ha! I talk all the time- she gets it from me!

She is (knock on wood) such a sweet, easy going baby! We set up a high chair that clamps onto the counter top for her in library, give her some snacks and she smiles and greets all the members coming in for materials- we call her the assistant librarian. She sits by our feet and just plays quietly in church- I PRAY my next one has a similar temperament- she is so easy going and easy!The only time she is unhappy is when she is cutting a tooth

She has such a funny personality! She laughs loud- and cute! She's already a social butterfly- and she loves to greet everyone

I maintain she's going to be a dancer- she is STILL crazy felxible, and she likes to dance like crazy

Remember a couple of months ago when she did the 'rhino' (breathing while her nose was scrunched up?) now she clicks her tongue- a lot and its FUNNY! Mimzy (Ryan's mom) taught her and she does it ALL the time!

She's already walkiing just holding our fingers barely- I give it a few weeks until she is full on walking- and then she'll be on the move...and I'll be in trouble-ha! she's quick!
She is so sweet and so fun- she has seven teeth now, almost eight- probably this week

I could never imagine how WELL she just FITS with us! She is SUCH a blast- I know I keep saying that but she keeps getting funnier and cuter everyday! I dreaded ten months only because she's not going to be my 'baby' much longer- she's already eating toddler foods- but it is SO FUN- ten months old ROCKS!!!!

Fun note- she shared her ten month mark with her Uncle Steve's birthday yesterday (the 9th) HAPPY BIRTHDAY Uncle Steve! Hailyn LOOOOOOOVES her uncle Steve- and so do we!
And yes- I will post pictures soon! I'm lame I know- still can't find my camera cord...help- I have a LOT of pics but no cord:(

2 comments:

Matt, Calli, & Dixon said...

Happy 10 months Hailyn! What a sweetie she is! Your post made me want to hold her and play with her again! She is just so stinkin cute! I miss you both! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Seriously, if you don't bring her by soon I'll stab you in the face with a soddering iron. :) I need to see her!