Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Granted...

Granted- not everything in life is supposed to be easy or fun- I CERTAINLY know that feeling.

But after going through the ordeal with our house, other paperwork, ect and learning HOW to get things done- I mean READING the contracts and fighting tooth and nail to get things 'justly done' I am WIPED OUT- but I am becoming a somewhat amateaur-pro- if that makes any sense. I am learning 'loopholes' and the injustices of Countrywide, credit card agencies ect- and I am starting to come out on top. But I am worn out- this goes beyond typical 'just paying bills' decorum- it is writing letters, making calls and putting on the bulls horns- and I've think I've nearly mastered it- a psuedo lawyer if you will.

Well now my next endeavor is to apply for grants for the school. Now, I love grants- the Pell grant along with some scholarships paid for my education. The process of applying for them was annoying to me at the time- it is NOTHING compared to writing an educational business grant. Now, I hate filling out W2 forms- it's tedious and boring to me- but a necessary evil for sure.

I hate this even more. I now know why more people don't apply for grants- they don't want to put themselves through this hellish ordeal. I'm halfway through one application and I want to gouge my eyes out just for some entertainment- mostof it is I just don't know what they want me to write- its a foreign language- even for an English major! ahhh!

Maybe I'll survive this process and get a little seed money to get supplies- maybe I'll just start a bikini car wash to fundraise- any volunteers willing to wash cars?

Wish me luck- I pray I make it through this alive...

4 comments:

Babs said...

You know, you could always become a professional grant writer...now you know why they pay good money:) hang in there.

lacie tidwell said...

I need to learn HOW this process works- they make good money because it is SO complicated, and tedious and frankly boring. But if I can master that then perhaps! My heart is in teaching and I REALLY want to open a Montessori preschool! if I master this maybe I can grant write on the side...:)

the Queen of Harts said...

You'll come out on top. You usually do! :) Besides, I've got a bunch of stuff for you! You just have to come see me on Monday!

Sammy said...

Hey Lacie,
If you want some vinyl for your walls let me know. I could do a some letters/numbers for you as my donation :)
-Sammy