Friday, August 28, 2009

Because I know you all care so much...

It finally happened. I almost didn't belive it WOULD happen- but the Montessori materials I ordered nearly a month ago have FINALLY arrived!I PROMISE I will post pictures of my classroom soon-but I thought I'd give you a preview of the BEAUTIFUL materials that I recieved...

The geometric solids- found in the sensorial section of the classroom, beautiful, blue solids where children learn, well, three dimensional shapes...this is exactly how mine look- GORGEOUS!


These are numeral rods- they teach the basic concept of gradation, size, and quanitity (this IS one) it's found in math...


This is the trinomial cube- the binomial cube come first- but they are on backorder- sigh...but it's found in sensorial and it is pre-algebraic- a+b=c concept...


Beautiful knobless cylinders- they teach size, volume, diameter, and gradation- again found in the sensorial area of the classroom it is a pre-math work. It goes along with the knobbed cylinders, which sadly I cannot afford. Anyone have an extra $90?


The moveable alphabet, found in the language section- after children master thier sounds, they use the alphabet to write words- it's brillant- absolutely brilliant...


Constructive boxes! Again found in sensorial these teach shapes and size. Like everything in the Montessori classroom, it progresses from the concrete to the very abstract- simple to complex.


Sadly my pink tower, binomial cube, continet world puzzle map and control map did not come yet. With how they ship, it could be a while. I have to use Adena Montessori,sadly, budgeting is a big issue for me, especially starting out. I still have to order many more supplies, such as this and this

nd many other things- too many to list. So I am praying that money wise it works out, and am really prioritizing what I need right away...

I PROMISE as soon as I find my camera charger I will take pictures and download them of the classroom- it really is looking fabulous (even if I am missing my favorite work, the pink tower

Along with my fantasy wish list- maybe Santa will come early this year?
(Note to self: fantasy wish list: C030,C040,C060,C070,Co80, C081,C094,C095,C161,C182,C207,C208,C216,D022,G005,G210,A010, A1011, A020

Then there's this amazing site...

I could max out my credit card here so easily.

On that note, it is time for me to search deperately for my camera charger and keep chippin' away until someday I have all the materials I need. I have enough to start with Monday- and that's a huge blessing.

I am so grateful and appreciative for everyone's offer to help, for donations people have made, and encouragement everyone has given me. As our schedules and lives are super crazy busy, it is so comforting to know I have love and support, and boy do I need it. I cannot thank everyone enough! I am so grateful to you all, and I couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for believing in me as I take on this brilliant, and slightly crazy idea of opening a Montessori preschool. Thank you for letting me share a bit about Montessori with you.

Wish me luck! I promise pictures to come- (the classroom really does look awesome!)
Love you all!

1 comment:

Babs said...

Congrats Lacie! What fun goodies. Can't wait to see pics of the classroom.