Monday, March 30, 2009

Montessori Monday-School Update!

Well, these montessori mondays are not just about educating the world about montessori but to also report on the status of my impending Montessori School- I have officially enrolled my first student- a full-time student and I have two more in serious consideration (I don't consider them 'enrolled' until the materials desposit is paid-shows commitment) yeah!

I am hoping to have a classroom of six students per day- depending upon full-time/part time status. Six is a good dynamic between the children and I can give VERY indiviudalized attention (I am used to working in a 1/10 teacher student ratio). I am also having an Open House this summer (in our new house as soon as that gets sqaured away) and educate parents about Montessori, plans for the school, a meet and greet, a questions and answers forum, orientation, a classroom tour, sign up students ect.

I am very excited about starting this school. It is a LOT of work. Montessori materials are insanely expensive. We are moving. I am aware that there is quite a bit to do and yet when I think about it I am enthused about it, and a peaceful, calm feeling comes over me. This is what I am meant to do at this time. The Montessori method has drastically influenced my life for the better, and now I can provide a Montessori expereince for others. It's amazing.

Wish me luck- and if you or anyone you know is interested in attending a freindly Open House meet and greet in the summer, let me know and I'll send an invite!

1 comment:

Matt, Calli, & Dixon said...

Umm, hello....you are moving? Details! When did this happen? I am excited for you! Can't wait to see you soon...only 2 more days! Whooohooo! Love ya!