Saturday, May 23, 2009

Waiting Game...

So, Hailyn has to go in for more testing next week and an ultrasound to make sure her kidneys are working properly. I am chalking it up to they want to make extra certain my little girl is 'perfect'. I think she's fine- and I've learned to harness and listen to my 'mommy gut'. It's usually right on (I think the Spirit may have an influence on that as well).

So my life consists of dealing with ridiculous people, fixing thier mistakes (trained 'professionals-whatever!) and dealing with a possible move, possible career changes, and writing like a mad woman and navigating 'motherhood'. The 'uncertain' path that is ahead of us in the next couple of months was driving me a little crazy- I am a planner to the "T" and this 'maybe this will happen or maybe that will happen' is DEFINATELY a test for me. I like to plan my life down to the last detail, and I am constantly being reminded that Heavenly Father has His own plan for me so I need to quit being so stubborn and go with the flow (which is why I think Ryan and I ended up together- he is my ying to my yang). In my defense, I have been the only one to look out for me in my life- so I don't know any different, and I'm proud of the 'progress' I've made in being more 'flexible' with life plans. (I'm certain I'm not alone here) life never really turns out the way you plan it to-and for a good reason. God's plan is always better.

So my life is like a giant waiting game right now...and surprisingly I'm ok with that! So that's our deal right now...neither of us has a clue! HA! Life sure is grand though...

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

Great Post. We really are in the same boat! I know there are many lessons to be learned, so I'm just going to sit back, and learn from what's going on and listen to the spirit! It can be so hard though....

Prayers are coming your way too :)