Saturday, May 16, 2009

Scary Mama Drama

Soooooo Hailyn's been running a fever with teething- no sweat, Motrin, Orajel, the works and ride it out right?

Well, today when I got Hailyn up from her nap she was blue, and shivering- I pick her up and she's burning hot. I knew in my gut this was more than teething. I give her a swig of Motrin, grab my diaper bag (note I didn't PACK the diaper bag I just grabbed it!)

I RUSH her to the doctor- I mean RUSH her- Ryan is working on a friend's house and didn't take his phone. I call my sweet mother in law and she meets me at the doctor.

Her first words: She doesn't look good hon.

I know! I'm SHAKING I'm so scared- the whole car ride over I am worried because I don't hear a peep out of her. Ryan's mom calls Ryan's dad and he drives over to where Ryan is to go get him ( I LOOOOOVE my in laws!!!!) I check her in and I'm trying not to break down and Ryan's mom is comforting her.

Because of her high fever she is seen IMMEDATELY- no wait at all. 103.8 AFTER the Motrin- ahhh! So we go to see the doctor and I'm expecting to hear ear infection or ear ache. Nothing. They need to run tests. They will do a urine test (which means putting a catehter in my tiny baby girl) to see if it's a kideny problem and if not, they'll do an X-Ray- if nothing comes up then it's off to the peds ER. I am trying not to cry. Hailyn is doing enough crying for the both of us. I go to prepare a bottle- I have ONE formula packet and NO water- note I didn't PACK the diaper bag- I get ahold of Ryan and he brings some more formula. After the urine test we found out Hailyn has a kidney issue- we're trying out a certain medication and if that doesn't work we'll re-assess her treatment- and thankfully we caught it early (we hope).

Fortunately my home teacher is our pharmacist (and we LOVE him) and when I went to pick up meds, he filled it for her immediately (and he wasn't even supposed to be working today- tender mercy I think) and he's coming to visit us tomorrow! It's nice to have him a phone call and a street away.

So now we are in for a long couple of nights- we hope this medicine fixes her kidney problem...I need to take her to the pediatrician next week.

I am exhausted, and tired, and praying my sweet little girl feels better soon.

I NEVER want to see that again...but I know it's only the start with the mama worries...

7 comments:

Matt, Calli, & Dixon said...

Ummm holy crap Lacie! That is so scary! You are a good mommy to get her right in. I hope that Hailyn will get better soon and know that we are praying for her and for you and Ryan. Let me know how she is doing! I wish I was there to give you a big hug! Love ya and hang in there!

lacie tidwell said...

thanks Calli:) love and miss you too!!!

craftyashley said...

Oh dear! My heart just sank reading that! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you! We'll be praying for you and sweet Hailyn!

lacie tidwell said...

thanks ashley:)

daytons mommy said...

aww Lac!! I'll keep her in my prayers, I wouldn't even know what to do!! I would have been so scared too.

The Smith Family said...

Lacie, I'm so sorry! I will pray for litle Hailyn. Is she any better now? Get some rest.

The Foote Family said...

Oh no!!! That is SOOOO scary! Lacie--you can call me anytime too if you ever need help in an emergency too and I will do anything in my power to help. Is Hailyn okay now? Wow--I need to call you. Is everything all right? I know I am totally behind the times here because I don't check blogs or facebook enough anymore(when I do all of my time is sucked out of my day and I don't get things accomplished!)but I hope everything is okay now. I need to call you.