Monday, May 11, 2009

Lucy- you've got some 'splanin' to do!


As many of you know, I am an "I Love Lucy" fan. I admire how Lucille Ball was one of the first 'women comedianne' pioneers of her time, with a classic comedy show in the fifties.

I always laughed at the 'innocence' of that time. Lucy and Ricky, for example, slept in seperate beds.

I know think this is a revolutionary and brilliant idea.

We recenlty purchased new satin sheets (70% off! woohoo!) so excited about the steal of a deal and the fact that our lovely Eyptian Cotten sheets had a huge tear in them, I was excited to try out the sheets and get a fabulous (and much needed) night of sleep. *This also stems from the fact that I have battle with a good night sleep as it is almost every night-not because of my daughter who normally sleeps really well, but because I've struggled for years

So my hubby suddenly decides he LOVES to hog all the sheets. This left me freezing cold last night. I got maybe four hours of sleep last night.

Maybe Ricky and Lucy (Ryan and Lacie- gotta love alliteration!) were on to something. Perhaps thier arrangmenet wasn't about propriety, but the fact that Ricky hogged the sheets and Lucy was tired of being freezing cold. She was a pioneer for women comedians, why not a revolutionary idea of seperate sheets. Maybe Lucy was ahead of her time, she probably got tired of being cold.

Once Ryan left for work I tried to get more sleep, but once it's light out forget about it.

Now I've got to decide, keep the sheets that were a steal-and he loves (even though my hubby wraps himself in them, leaving me to shiver) or look for a more shareable alternative. I LOOOOOOVE my hubby, and I won't resort to seperate beds, but I can see the appeal (from a shivering in the night perpective).
Ohhhh what to do?

3 comments:

the Queen of Harts said...

We don't have that problem. Our problem is that Jared is always hot and I am always cold. SO...I put another blanket on just my side of the bed. I'm warm. He's cool. Everybody sleeps and wakes up happy. ;) Good luck!

craftyashley said...

I've thought about separate beds myself. Like mechanical twin beds that can be pushed together at a touch of a button for snuggle time, but when the sheets start getting taken, slip apart so everyone can have a nice night's sleep. I am plagued by this problem as well. Except Logan kicks all the sheets off when he gets too hot, and I freeze all night, looking for the covers!

lacie tidwell said...

Ashley that's my problem too!!! I LOVE to snuggle with my man- I love him- but the sheets issue is a concern- design that mechanical bed!