Tuesday, February 23, 2010

STOP THE INSANITY!!!!

No really- STOP IT! I have to! for those of you who don't stalk me on facebook (tsk tsk) you have to know I got in an ATV crash on Saturday.We were out at Dumont. I was riding a friends (GULP!) automatic and they don't handle in the sand easily. I didn't want to worry about shifting. I didn't wear my boots beacuse we were going to be doing little hills- well, the machine got away from me and it turned suddenly and sharply. The next thing I know I am flying down a (moderately steep) hill (I give it a 7 out of 10) and I fall off landing on my left side. The machine flipped over me and then stopped after one flip. It did land on my right ankle- I sprained that as badly as you can without breaking it. I also fractured a couple of ribs on my left side and my whole left thigh is completely bruised. Ryan rushed over and checked on me.

I then braved it, after screaming profously, and Ryan shut off the machine, and I got back on and rode back to camp (I know! I'm crazy!) but we did have two nice people ask if we needed a sandrail and I didn't think that was necessary and I didn't want to put anyone out. When I saw I broke my friends machine I started BAWLING hysterically, for seriously an hour. So now I have a machine to fix and hope they forgive me:(

Anyhow, Ryan packed up while I tried to stay put in a chair and take care of a squirmy one year old and then Ryan took Hailyn and I to the ER- the ER at San Marteen campus is AWESOME by the way! She felt bad that at 8 o clock at night we had to take our one year old with us and she gave Hailyn cookies and crutches that I DESPERATELY needed! They were fast too! AWESOME people! I didn't have any broken bones I only need to breathe into a little tuby thing so my lungs don't collapse and ICE my ankle- it's so bad. Wear boots people! I'm an idiot!







Regardless I am SO GRATEFUL it wasn't worse! Sunday was bad- I was throwing up and Ryan had to carry me most places but by Monday I could at least semi-use crutches. I am so grateful Ryan was able to go to the ER with me to entertain Hailyn and he was home Sunday as well. I am still teaching and my students have been AMAZING with helping me and trying to work hard- I'm so proud of them!

Hailyn has been the hardest part to deal with- I can't pick her up easily, she falls off the couch or whatever I have to just watch and it's hard putting her in her crib. but I have realized how AWESOME people are! I have had so many offers to watch her, bring in dinner, a candy poster from one of my students that melted my heart, and just feeling the love and generosity and well wishes of so many- it reminds me of how truly blessed I am and how grateful I am to have such wonderful support and love in my life! I was truly blessed too- it really could have been worse!

In the meantime, myt INSANITY training is put on hold- and I am BUMMED! I lost three lbs in a week and I was kicking butt! grrr! this is frusterating! in the meantime, I am busting into my candy board poster, because chocolate makes everything a little sweeter...

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Wow. That is crazy. Glad you didn't lose your foot!