Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This past month...

Ok, so apparently I am updating my blog about once a month- I PROMISE to do better (I say that as I have 8,000 pictures on my camera and yet, I am not downloading them yet- what gives you ask? lost camera cord- again!) sorry!!! So here's what we've been up to:

Hailyn turned 15 months!(Jan 9th) and yes she will be 16 months in a week

She STILL weighs 20 lbs- Ryan took her to the doc and she is 32 inches tall (I KNOW!) and in the 95% for heigt and in the 5-10% for weight- eek! she didn't gain a pound in three months! I was freaking out- and I swear I feed my baby and I PROMISE I am trying to fatten her up! She had about a two week spell of umm to put in nicely, a lot of messy diapers and I think she just lost whatever weight she was gaining- I am feeding her of course still fruit and veggies and also corndogs, cookies, peanut butter, and anything with butter- muffins, toast. She is eating whatever we eat (only I try and 'fatten' up what I can!) and I think she just has her dad's metabolism (grrr!) I swear I am trying to fatten up my hubby and my daughter and really, I am trying to LOSE weight people! this is like the worst 'support' environment for that- whatever. I watch Ryan make a homemade cheesecake and he and Hailyn enjoy- grrr! Ok, enough about weight...

Hailyn is saying 'thank you' (a LOT!) and please, she loves to sit at the preschool table with her big girl cup and she even is holding crayons and pencils and making marks on the paper! yes I am proud;)She is also sayinf 'doogy' (she called him UGLY btw the other day- HILARIOUS!)

OH we have our old dog 'Mikey' back- his name is now Hurley (LOST FANS-btw it premeires TONIGHT!) and he is AWESOME! Crazy story- we found another home for him, they found another home for him (we just weren't ever home!) then some guy found him wandering around, took him to the vet- they never changed the microchip and viola! they called us- we were (well I was ultra weary) at first because let's face it- he would be my job and my responsibilty- and he needed to be kid freindly- he is AMAZING with kids- he and Hailyn are BEST friends (she goes straight to him after nap time and chases him around and laughs- she also torments him incessentaly and he takes it- poor Hurley;) and he is SO CHILL! a WONDERFUL surprise and we're happy to have him! (I do not like how gassy he is- it is MUCH better now that we give him some pepcid AC here and there!) hehe

Ryan started working his regular shifts and he LOVES his job- I LOVE having a hubby that LOVES his job- it makes life so sweet and it melts my heart seeing how happy he is

we are trying to adjust to his new schedule- ie Hailyn and missing daddy- she is wrteched the days he's working and he comes home and she is an angel- what the? ok so Ryan thinks it's cake for me all the time when really, he's the cause of her anguish some days (and mine;)

I am super busy with the preschool- my kids are TAKING OFF like CRAZY! I LOVE watching it and being a part of it!

I am SO CLOSE to finishing my novel- details to come later- I plan on being DONE DONE hopefully by thurs/fri (the main reson for lack of blogging/uploading pics)

I am going to be starting my Hertiage Makers books soon- as part of my 2010 goals to organize photos/journal scrapbook family geneaology ect.

I am teaching the four year olds in primary and I have the greatest class EVER! I LOVE serving in Primary- seriously- it's the BEST calling in the church HANDS DOWN! I LOVE my kiddos!

I NEED to start advertising for school next year...

I'm already kicking off my goals for the year (I don't do resolutions- I set goals and reasonable ways of accomplishing them and it makes my year so fantastic and memorable!)
So that's been january!! I plan on posting more- uploading pics soon- especially about my NOVEL and finishing that as well as my scrapbooking/organzing photos projects

PS I am starting Insanity training next week- in March I am also adding P90X to insanity- watch out 2010!;)

5 comments:

craftyashley said...

Try not to worry too much about Hailyn's weight. I am right there in the trenches with you. And no- it's the worst environment to try and lose weight. I've found out that real butter makes everything taste better. Ugh.

lacie tidwell said...

it's so true Ashley! ugh!!we'll just try and fatten our girlies up while we secretly envy thier ability to eat chocolate chip pancakes smothered in butter and syrup and bacon wash it all down with pure chocolate- not fair!

MY LITTLE DANTIES said...

P90X IS AWESOME!!! I LOVED ITS HARD BUT AWESOM!! HEY IF YOU EVER NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING GIVE ME A CALL! ID BE HAPPY TO COME BY AND HELP! I LOVE KIDS AND AS LONG AS I COULD BRING MY PRESLEE ALONG I LOVE TO COME BY AND LEND YOU A HAND! I MISS YA LACIE! ID LOVE TO SEE YOU IN ACTION!!!

lacie tidwell said...

I miss you too Tavia!!! we NEED to get together ASAP!!!! I will definately take you up on that sometime!!! let's get together soooooon- whenever you're feeling up to it:)

Allison said...

SO much going on with you guys! Way to go on nearing completion of your book--I can't even imagine that undertaking. I've heard so many people love P90X--way to get going on a new exercise plan!