Monday, February 15, 2010

INSANITY!

Ok, some of you have heard of the company Beachbody- I did a profram called turbo jam after I had Hailyn and it kicked my butt- and there were five programs on there- but never any schedule so I'd get bored.

Enter P90X- extreme fast interval training, and I plan on doing this later (a lady in my ward has it- we're going to 'swap' after two months)

Ok done back tracking, enter INSANITY

Interval training is done at moderate excercise with bursts of intense training- INSANITY is EXTREME excercise with intervals of MODERATE excercise for 'rest'. That's why its called INSANITY- the workouts are HARD and the results are EXTREME- and AMAZING! Ryan works with a guy who is now a coach for Beachbody (we got INSANITY before they met) but he is 52 and in the best shape of his life- he has before and after pics of himself on his business cards and WOW!

INSANITY is a 13 disc at home workout routine and all you need is yourself. I did the fitness test this morning expecting it to be fairly easy and wow, I alsmot threw up- and I haven't even started the workouts yet! I figured it's only 45 minutes, I can suffer 45 minutes of anything. Again, the FIT TEST was only 25 minutes and I nearly threw up! I'd be a bit skeptical except I have had a girlfriend het unreal results with P90X and then meeting this INSANITY guy- and seeing results- yea! well, we ordered it (GOOD deal online!) and this was Day 1.

This program is not easy, it is not moderate even it is EXTREME and the results are EXTRREME! I'm excited that all I need is me, Shaun T (the instructor) and some water and BAM! it's go time! I LOOOOOVE how they have the 60 days mapped out on a chart- do this on day 1, this on day 2- I NEED that structure or I falter and take the 'easy route'. I am taking the fitness test every 2 weeks and am going t weigh myself every Sunday morning (those are rest days) so six days a week for two months I am going to be kicking and screming and sweating and crying, and ready to kick my butt into overdrive!

I'm counting on you ladies to encourage me- and I will post before and after pics (GULP!) I took the before pics this morning and I was disgusted with them- so we'll see about the after- I can't wait to see the results!

If my hubby nearly dies doing it I don't feel so bad when I nearly die- he's in AMAZING shape (he has to be for work) and it kicks HIS butt!

2 comments:

craftyashley said...

Hon! You look amazing! If you would like to reaffirm that fact, come take a gander at my skin-apron! (twins were not nice to me- or my elasticity)

lacie tidwell said...

you are TOO sweet!!! seriously kids kick moms' butts!! and thier stomachs (literally) wow! hailyn did a NUMBER on me! none of my clothes fit anymore and I can't buy new ones- no tengo dinero so I must work out! it's essential for the sancitity of me not running around naked scaring people! plus Ryan is looking freaking amazing and I want to be able to keep up with him- rock climb, ect. I'm not focusing on a number just health- why do kids destroy us?