Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Getting Back in the Groove...

I have a perfectly clean and organized home. I have bills paid, laundry washed and put away, groceries on hand, and no errands to run. Then I wake up and reality hits me right in the head.

I have been accused of needing to have a lot to do at once from a very early age. My mother always worried thatI would fill every moment of my day up with something then if something were to go wrong I'd be in a bind. Well, she's right. I am the sort of person that thrives on being busy all the time.

In high school I had a bazillion activities including student council, ap classes, various clubs, church, track, yada yada yada.

College same thing. I took 15 credits my first semester and then 18 the next. I then amped it up when I got married a week before finals (yup!) and turned in assignments at midnight before my wedding just to make deadlines. Teachers were amazed (we didn't go on our honeymoon to Hawaii until the end of May- I HIGHLY recommend waiting a month to take your honeymoon by the way! It was AWESOME!)

I then started working 50 hours a week as a teachers assistant while getting my Montessori certification (that's another degree essesntially) and BAM! I took 24 credits a semester to finish my BA in English- I graduated early.

My laid back, easy going husband was worried. Did he marry a freak of nature? On our honeymoon I planned out all the awesome fun spots to go, the best times to go, ect. I am a planner (sidenote, I always wanted to be a wedding planner and a travel agent- if you ever need help searching for deals in these areas, I'm your gal!) he asked can we just hang out on the beach?

the reason I bring this up is because this is my nature, to be busy all the time. Recently I finished a year and a half writing project- something I've been mulling over for the past 2-3 years, and it's done- a novel 51,000 words. I need to edit a bit, and I've written and re-written thousands of times, but its done. I feel weird. I need to edit some more! Its constantly in the back of my mind.

I'm struggling getting 'back on track'. I have lots to do, but I'm out of sorts a bit. My house needs a good deep cleaning, I hae a journaling/scrapbooking goal to complete and I also need to start my workout regime, but I'm sort of in neutral right now. Do I need to just recharge my batteries a bit? Will the ferocious beast come rise again? I don't know. Maybe she just needs a couple weeks 'off'.

I am unbalanced right now- I need to get back in a crazy routine- I function better with a million things to do! I'm going to go nuts this summer!

I WILL ACOOMPISH MY GOALS THIS YEAR! but it is only the beginning of February...
On another note, I think I'm wired this way so we could survive Ryan's rookie school! seriously, 2-5 hours of sleep a night for five months, ironing, studying, packing his lunches, buying the groceries he needed (that's a chore when you have to feed your hubby 5,000 calories a day) and take care of an infant turned toddler WHILE running a preschool? Ok, maybe I am crazy- but I love crazy. Crazy works for me. In the meantime, maybe my scrapbooking project, where I need to scan about a million photos, can wait til tomorrow...

I start INSANITY training monday- it's intense! 60 day workout- 1,000 calories burned an hour- my hubby the ff rookie school surviver said it was intense- it's called insanity for a reason- but maybe that will be my new project.
I have to get back in the groove- I'm losing my mind!

2 comments:

Sammy said...

Good luck on the INSANITY training - made me scared just hearing about it.
I envy people like you - who thrive on to do lists. Me on the other hand I panick when I've got too much on my plate... and normally only do things half way. So I don't thing thriving on being busy is a bad thing - I'd take that in a heart beat!

Allison said...

Congrats on finishing the book! I'd love to read through it-it just may not be as quickly as you'd like with Samantha coming and all, so let me know what your deadlines are and such. I think I have your email address still, so I'll send you one and we can discuss :)

Keep us updated on the crazy workout routine, and maybe you can pass me some hints on what's working best so I can use them to get back to my normal self after Samantha is born!