Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When life hands you lemons.. MAKE LEMONADE!

Say what? Well, let me explain... I am on the lemonade diet. Yes you heard me correctly, the lemonade diet. Due to health reasons and a future doc appointment I'd like to go well, I am doing the lemonade cleanse...for ten days. Yes, you read right ten days. Here's what my day consists of: drinking my salt water 'cleanse' , making my 'lemonade' which is water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup and ah ha- cayenne. I make a days batch and drink that as my 'meals'. I also drink all the water I want and I can also have mint tea. At first I was skeptical about this but guess what? I am on DAY THREE and have lost five- yes FIVE lbs. Now, I am not doing this to lose weight (although it is a WONDERFUL perk!) but to cleanse myself of toxins in my body. Everyone says that after day three it is easier- we'll see. I'm not going to lie- when I see AMAZING comercials for Reese's peanut butter cups (my fav) or any food- anything- I feel a hunger pain. But I figure- hey, if I can give birth after being in labor for thirty two hours in the hospital with NO food- I can do this! I do hope it gets easier... but I've made it this far. Now, I am avoiding going to Costco because I LOVE thier pizza- avoid temptation- only one more week to go!

5 comments:

Cheryl Whitney said...

GIRL!!!! You are crazy!!!
Okay......I'm just amazed at the self discipline.....I HAVE NONE OBVIOUSLY!!! Good Luck, and I promise I won't tempt you with anything yummy!!!

Merrick said...

I seriously don't think I could do that - impressive. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Well life handed me a whole pile of shit, what am I supposed to make out of that?

J/K :0

BTW, I did the same "cleanse" diet and I lost a ton of weight the first few days but once I went back to eating meals - I gained it all back! Just beware.

Allison said...

Wow! That sounds like quite the...er...diet? I hope it does all that you're hoping it to do!

Hailyn looks beautiful in the baby blessing pics. Good looking family! Thanks for meeting us at In-n-Out--we had fun being with you, even if it was only for an hour!

Heidi Blackwell said...

Is that healthy???