Friday, January 16, 2009

Day Five and Still Alive...barely

Ok, so I'm at the halfway mark with this cleanse- sigh! Yeah! I made it halfway! I really appreciate all the encouragement (and continued encouragement!) from all you wonderful people! It helps A LOT!

So if I make it through this weekend- I made it a week- and then I'm in the homestretch- that's how I'm breaking this down. So far it helps break up the ten days.

Now, if I could just get Hailyn to sleep through the night like she used to! At about four weeks she made it through the night- the second she started teething- whoa! Her biological clock is set at 2 am exactly. It doesn't matter if I feed her at nine at night or at eleven. HUGE sigh. It's mean to her mommy mentally to have her sleep through the night and then take it away! It all happened the minute she started teething. I put baby orajel on before bed- or motrin and yet 2am on the button she's up. Last night Ryan and I decided to let her 'cry it out' thinking it would last 45 minutes max- nope! My screaming angel lasted three hours- I then caved- I have limits too! HUGE sigh! I don't know how to 'unstick' her biological clock except let her scream it out- and try to push the time back as far as I can. I KNOW she can make it through the night-she's done it up until now (which is a mean teaser to me- seriously!) I know it takes about three days to est. a new routine- so this makes for a fun weekend-poor Ryan at work today! He can barely stand he's so tired! Anyhow- any thoughts? Any encouragement(on the diet and the sleep?)

5 comments:

craftyashley said...

Oh that's rough! 3 hours of crying is enough to bring even the strongest of us to our knees. Check out the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. I would give you my copy, but it's loaned out to another chick! Hang in there- this too will pass!

Janssen said...

I'm impressed! I don't think I could possibly make it five days.

The Calvert Family said...

Hey Lacie, this is Alycia. I'm glad you found our blog. Your baby is so gorgeous. I admire you for being able to do such a stressful diet. I think I tried the apples diet a while abo, you kow you just focus on one fruit and eat only that. I made it about half a day. I am so bad at dieting. I hope things settle down for you guys, good luck.

Heidi Blackwell said...

That is what we like to call "Happy hour" around here...i after 4 kids...never found a thing that worked...i just had to learn to love it...which by the way...i never did. She will grow out of it eventually...love you guys!

amber belmonte said...

oh, i'm so sorry she's not sleeping. i totally remember getting taylor on a schedule and then him throwing my schedule out the window.

that's awesome about the body cleanse, i don't know that i would have the self discipline to stick with it! how do you feel?