Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Finale...

ok, so I have finished my lemonade diet! YAHOO!!Ten whole days of just lemonade and water- yeah- So I have gotten a LOT of questions about the diet that I'm happy to answer:
- I have not taken any additional vitamins- the lemonade (well, the syrup) provdes all the vitamins you need (aside from my iron which I am SO anemic- and I only felt I needed to take it twice- usually I take it everyday)
-I have not had additional food- the lemonade is actually quite filling
-yeah you can work out on it- I didn't and I still lost weight- but if you feel up to it- go for it!
-Yes the lemonade is water, freshly squeezed lemon juice, Grade B syrup and I took cayenne pills which meant the taste of the lemonade was not bad at ALL
- I make a days worth and carry it in a jug and drink that throughout the day- and have three to four cayenne pills
- Yeah, it is healthy- I am a person that really analyzes what is healthy- ect. I have never jumped on board with 'fad diets' and all that- but this is different- it is a cleanse- not intended for weight loss although it does drop the lbs b/c of what you carry in your intestines for years
- I did it b/c I figured if I can go without liquids or food for 32 hours in labor I can have just liquids for ten days- and it's kick starting smaller portions for me and healthier choices- it trained my stomach
- Yes, you still go to the bathroom on the diet (ya know, no 2) a LOT actually, the diet cleans out your intesitnal system and the crap you carry around for years in there
- I am not anorexic- I love food WAY too much
- I felt a little crummy the first two days- I seriosuly felt the toxins clearing out of me, then I felt fine- then I felt GREAT
- I still have energy
-I did lose weight (thanks for noticing:)- 10.8 lbs thus far!)
- the first three days were the hardest
- I miss eating- but learned I can live without it-meaning beign smarter with WHAT I eat- I even survived my favorites this week- Yummy Chinese food, Elephant Bar, mall food court- it taught me to examine my eating habits- eating in front of the tv- eating while bored- rewarding myself- I don't need to do it and will adopt healthier eating habits form now on
- I have trained my stomach now- smaller, healthier portions throughout the day and more frequently
- I am now coming off the cleanse this way: OJ all day thursday, OJ all day but a broth soup with potatoes, carrots and celery for dinner friday and saturday OJ, lunch soup again, then a salad with veggies for dinner- then sunday I'm good to go on food again!
- yes, it was hard- I had a sponser- which I recommend- it is not for the faint hearted!
- I freakin love this cleanse!
(But I am glad it's over! HA!)
-I did it! It taught me that I DO have self- discipline and self control and I can literally do ANYTHING!
If you have any other questions about the cleanse let me know- I'm happy to answer them! Thank you to everyone who was supportive of me during this!You guys rock!

4 comments:

craftyashley said...

Congrats!
I wanna try it, but I'm such a chicken!

lacie tidwell said...

Ashley I would totally be your sponser if you wanted!you could call me in moments of weakness- I did that with my sponser and you could do it- if I can do it anyone can do it!

The Smith Family said...

That is awesome. I might have to try this lemonade :) Good for you. You have great will power!!

Cheryl Whitney said...

I am REALLY proud of your will power.... WOW... For me, I'm gonna hang on to these toxins as long as I can....I think that's what's holding me together!!! lol