Thursday, December 31, 2009

The past decade...

So while watching a news special on the last decade in history, it made me think of my own personal history and the events that have unfolded in ten years- here's a BRIEF glimpse:
-Ten years ago, I was in HIGH SCHOOL, getting my license, and trying to understand why boys didn't ask me out! (LAME BOYS!)
-My mom passed away Oct. 2000 from a four year battle with colon cancer
-my stepdad got remarried August 2001 and I inherited five more stepsiblings
-we moved out of my the home I grew up in to a new house
- I graduated high school and made it to collge (barely) alive
- went to college and went out on a lot of interesting dates- confirmed my decision to go on a mission
-met Ryan and started dating
-wrote to Ryan for two whole years
-got an Associates of Arts degree in Dec 2003
-got engaged Dec 2003
-started dating when he got back- totally changed my mind about the mission- I found Mr Right and the timing was meant to be!
-moved back from St. George
-GOT MARRIED!!! (April 24, 2004) and moved into our first one bedroom apt- aww
-went to Hawaii on the honeymoon!
-started working at Montessori school and fell in love- started to get my Montessori certification (sept. 2004)
-STILL working at HDOS (Hot Dog on a Stick- yes I wore the funny hat!) and worked my way up to asst. manager- or asst. to the reginoal manager (OFFICE joke-jk!)
-spent our first thanksgiving in Flagstaff (TRADITION! LOVE IT!)
-bought our dang townhouse in Feb 2005 (big ohhhhhhh insert here!)
-got our precious dog BAILEY
- worked, worked worked
-GRADUATED with a BA in English in Dec. 2005- went on a snowboarding trip to celebrate! merry christmas!
-got our (WAAAY overpriced) English Bulldog
-found new home for said English bulldog (buh bye Mikey!)
-MEXICO anniversary trip!! SOOOO fun!
-quit my job at Montessori school
-goooooot pregnant!
-Ryan got accepted to rookie school and is pursuing his dreams!
- survived 32 excrutiating hours of labor to welcome our gorgeous baby girl Hailyn into the world!
-sold dang townhouse and moved (looooong process!)
- opened a Montessori preschool!

and the craziness continues!!! I left out some stuff for many reasons (yes it was even crazier than that!) but these are just MOST of the major highlights- it's been an exhausting decade! I went from high school to collge to marriage and having a child this decade- I'm exhausted!!! so I hope 2010 is a bit mellower, but through all the changes, losing my mom, to becoming a mom, I have grown so much more than I ever thought I would have to- and for that I'm grateful. I'm ever so grateful to my amazing husband, who works so hard, perserveres, and is just plain wonderful- I'm so lucky to be with him forever! I love him SOOOOOOO much it's crazy! and our gorgeous, amazing daughter who brings so much love and joy to our hearts, we are crazy for her! Through everything I am so very grateful to the Lord, who has known my needs when I haven't, who has blessed us beyond words can describe and who always has a plan, even better than my own, and always provides a way for us. I am truly blessed and grateful for wonderful family and friends, who stick with me through thick and thin, who know I love them even when we can't see each other as often as I'd like. I hope you all have a wonderful 2010, work hard for the things you want but remember if you trust in the Lord with all thy heart He will direct your path toward righteousness (proverbs 3:5) Happy New Year and God bless!

2 comments:

Janssen said...

You HAVE had a crazy ten years. Glad everything has turned out so well.

Brandi Lyn said...

Ok you nearly made me cry. I just love you and feel so blessed to have you in my life. You're an amazing individual missy, and you have a DANG cute little family. :) I'm proud of you! You're going to rock 2010!

I will see all your lovely faces tomorrow...be prepared to par-TAY! Love you!