Friday, December 31, 2010

In a nutshell...2010

I copied this from my friend Ashley's blog- she's awesome! thanks Ashley! It makes you think and reflect on the past year- it made me realize how many friends I miss! FRIENDS I MISS YOU ALL!!! So even though I have a thousand pics to downlaod from 2010and scrapbooks to do (I shou;dve written that! haha!) here's 2010 in a nutshell...

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
A FULL NIGHT SLEEP!! ok so it's been a few years, but I have had a few nights this year of uninterrupted sleep!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
MOST of them- and yes, I am making more for this year- the ones I don't quite achieve roll over into the next year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes!!! LOTS of babies! lots of friends pregnant right now...
4. Did anyone close to you die?
my biological dad's mom but I wasn't really close to her- also my stepmoms dad-
5. What countries did you visit?
We travled in the US this year- San Diego, Flagstaff, Philadlephia, NYC and DC, Utah... maybe next summer!!! we'll see:) Took a girls weekend and took Hailyn to her first tri pto DISNEYLAND!!!
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn't have in 2010?
my to do list DONE! My book in print and (selling?) and a smaller number on the scale- also a higher number in the savings account- oh and a preapproval on a home loan:) and maybe a pregancy???
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
Ummm Jan 8, 2010 the day Ryan GRADUATED from CCFD and was VALEDICTORIAN! I have NEVER EVER been so sleep deprived as I was for six months- I mean an hour and a half maybe each night- EACH NIGHT! I will never foget that day!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmmm well I guess the phrase no success in life can compensate for failure in the home- I just do my best! that's all I can do!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
ohhh yeah- my atvrolllover accident- the cracked ribs and seriously sprained ankle leaving me in crutches- painkillers at night so I could sleep and still teaching...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
hmmmm the wii is pretty sweet!and I love ryan's new H2 SUT that was a steal-
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmmm lots of people- my sister Jen is one of the best people I know- don't know what I'd do without her! I'm proud of the decision my brother in law made to marry a nice girl :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
OMG by biological father- can't even go there- SO BAD!.
14. Where did most of your money go?
rent (grrr) and bills....so many bills...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
traveling over the summer- I love travelling- and paying off my car and credit cards! next goal save for a house!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Ummm I'm bad at this game really...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
happier probably- last year was rough- SO MUCH going on- this year things are settling down (sorta!) haha! I got realy fat during rookie school losing some now- hoping to lose it all this year! definately richer in the sense of we paid off debt- we still have some and we need to save for a house but it feels good to make some headway...
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
errr eat healthier not stress so much and work out...take time for me- and write more!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
worry- I worry all the time...
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Thought Ryan was going to have to work 72 hours straight- fortunately he was off Christmas Eve so we hada fabulous breakfast at Jen's with my siblings, then put Hailyn to bed, made a cheesecake, then dinner at Ryan's parents that night- SO FUN! We did a gift exchange SO MUCH FUN!!! Then Christmas morning went to breakfast with Ryan's fam, Hailyn napped then dinner (and seeing Santa!) at the station- SO FUN!! We also saw Santa at Mimzy and Pap's house:)
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Umm I guess my love grew? I love Ryan- and my baby girl- and my family and friends!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
ohhhh this is embarrassing- I watch great shows like the Office, Archer, PArks and Rec, but I also like Teen mom.... yeah...
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hat eis a strong word- I've had some 'daddy' issues with my biological dad
24. What was the best book you read?
Can my own count? lol! JUST KIDDING!!! Ummm I read a lot of great books- tough to pick!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I love musicals- I know!
26. What did you want and get?
my debt (mostl) paid off! FEELS GOOD!
27. What did you want and not get?
we're still working on saving for a house...
28. What was your favorite film of 2010?
tough- really loved HArry Potter- I'm such a potter fan! lol!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26- ugh!!! closer to 30 than 20:( we had to fix my car ac as we were leaving for utah the next day- both of our ac's went out! haha! Ate a free lunch at Firehouse subs- we did REd Robin (free) free cold stone, free baskin robbins, fre fuddruckers (seeing a theme? haha!) and went to see Ecplise- I know corny it was pretty good though! haha
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
fitting into my skinny pants!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
I'd like to look the way I want to look in my clothes... so if the skirt fits? lol! jeans work tops, working with kids
32. What kept you sane?
Sadly, mini reeses peanut butter cups... my escape- hence why I am not buying any in 2011- that and dr pepper and red bull! haha!
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
ugh should I 'go there'? hmm basically I want smart educated people to make wise decisions, especially when it comes to public safety....
34. Who did you miss?
my mommy- I know she would get a kick out of hailyn- so that's hard- plus my dear friend Cheryl whiteny- she is just super busy all the time- and I hve dear friends that live back east- MOVE BACK PEOPLE- calli, lindzie... and I miss Laura Lee and Laura Nelson- I m iss my friends- I just don't get to see them enough! Darn work schedules!
35. Who was the best new person you met?
hmmm. lots of new people!
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
patience is a virtue!
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
hmmm.... ????

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found you!
hahaha

-Jennifer

Allison said...

So I know you're busy and all...but when you do get around to posting some pics of you guys and Hailyn-girl, we'll be excited :)