Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Alb trip

Ok ok, so it's SEPTMEBER but really whatever! October was AWESOME! BUSY! It kicked off with going to Albuquerue for the balloon festival and visiting Ryan's grandparents. Ryan drove solo with Hailyn on Thursday morning and I flew out after work Friday- I had a crazy airport expereince too...almost didn't make it!

My flight to Phoneix was delayed (I thought I clicked on non-stop when I booked I guess I didnt!) and I showed up and going out of Phoeniz it was delayed 30 minutes. I had a 40 minute gap so I asked them at the front desk (US Airways btw) and they said 'no you'll be fine' I asked 'you sure you have a non stop leaving at the same time do I need to switch I NEED to get to Alb. tonight! they said I'd be fine. They changed my seat so I'd be first off the plane, luckily I had no luggage and no child. So I ask them on the plane agai if I'm ok, they reassure me it's a five minute walk to my next gate. Ok. So I get of the plane and I have 11 minutes. You guys it was a mile to my next gate. No joke. I thought the guys would at least call the gate tell them I'm on my way (it was thier airline!) and have a golf cart waiting for me- nope! I had to take off my shoes and SPRINT to the next gate. I get there right as a lady let two people in and 'sealed' the doors. I BEGGED her to let me on. She had the audacity to say to me I shouldve been here sooner they sealed the doors. Um, I was about to go crazy on this lady. I deided to try the honey/vienegar approach and luckily the honey worked and she opened the doors, they had ONE seatl left. Grr! Then in Alb. I arrived at midnight, we woke up at 4am to see the balloon launch. I was a tad groggy. Anyhow we didn't make it, we were stuck in traffic forever. Hailyn still saw the balloons from the sky, and later that night we went back to the fair and ate and saw fireworks. It was a trip of Sadies, breakfast burritos, and wonderful time with fam!

No comments: