Tuesday, November 9, 2010

25 months...

sigh...what is the age of which parents stop saying 'months'? I mean is it 3? It's getting a little insane to say '25 months'. She's two. Hailyn is two years old. I hated it when parents would say '33 months' to me when I would ask how old thier child was and I'd have to do the math. The first year is fine (that makes sense) but then it gets, confusing- 19 months? How about a year and a half? anyway TANGENT!But in the name of journaling (and the fact that this is really the only record I keep of my little growing monkey- no judgement!) Anyhow, Hailyn is now a month past one;)

Around her birthday she was showing MAJOR signs of potty-training readiness. She would take off her diaper right after it was wet and go sit on the toilet. She would rip her diaper off at naptime. We got the books (any recommedations btw I am OPEN!) and borrowed the Potty Time Elmo dvd. The thing with Elmo is Elmo refers to himself in the third person. Hailyn found his narcissim annoying and well, we only made it through halfway.

Then we took some major steps back, Hailyn got sick (I am going to try and take her to the doc today- well Ryan is) and she has had some diaherra badly for about 5 days- so we halted the potty training until she was back to her old self. Not in the mood to clean that up off the floor but I most importantly didn't want to set her up for failure. She woke up this morning with a nasty cough- she has some kind of virus. Poor baby. So I hope it gets cleared up for 4 days of uninteruppoted potty training bootcamp! (I have thursday and friday off work) so all of my focus can be on POTTY BOOTCAMP! Hope we're both up for it.

Ok, enough with the grossness on to the CUTE! The way Hailyn says 'thank you' and 'no thank you' pretty much the cutest thing in the world. Honestly she says thank you and you want to give her whatever it is she's asking for because she just sounds so dang cute. It takes a lot of willpower for me to be objective and be a good disciplined mommy when she is asking (she asks using 'thank you' she uses it in place of please!)

She is talking SO MUCH now! Tells me stories, asks for 'more juice (everything is juice- water, milk, diet coke-haha) she says a TON of words. The girl LOVES to talk.

She loves to give herself pedicures. She gets them at Mimzy's house all the time, and if we wait to long she'll find the nailpolish and do it herself. It's super funny!

She has discovered Little Einsteins and well, she is in love with this show. Is it worng we don't subject her to shows we can't stand. Elmo grates on my nerves (hence she hasn't clicked with the potty training dvd) and we do NOT tolerate Barney. She did find the purple dinosaur in the giveaway pile at Super Saturday. Sigh, so now she has a Barney doll. Great.

She HATES getting her teeth brushed. I feel like the worst mommy in the world when I have to brush her teeth. Ryan tired to do it. He's too sweet and gentle. The girl needs to have clean teeth regardless. Sigh it's not fun holdig her down to brush her teeth.

She LOVES to pick out her outfits. Usually it's the blue tuutu and no shirt- underwear over her pants look. The girl LOVES her shoes too.

She eats scrambled eggs and chocolate milk pretty much every day for breakfast. She also LOVES reeses peanut butter cups (from her mama) and chocoalte chip pancakes. She also wears her hair in pigtail buns we can devil horns nearly everyday.


She is REALLY into caring for babies! BIGTIME! She carries two babies EVERYWHERE and needs to feed them, wrap them in blankets, push them in the baby stroller, tucks them into thier 'crib' (really my foot spa bath! haha!) and she loves taking care of her babies. They are with her EVERYWHERE-I wonder why two- is she planning on having twin siblings someday? I hope this enthusiamsm sticks at least a few more years- we'd love to have another one sometime! she's getting a lot of practice being a great big sister!


She's better at nursery too! She'll just go in (YAY!) six months ago I'd be crying in the bathroom now she'll go! She also climbed up the slide by herslef at pump it up- that slide wears me out! haha! I think she has some gymnastic qualities we'll see!
She's amazing. I love reading her stories, taking her to the 'slides' at the park (she LOOVES slides nothing else is in existince at the park). She's a really good kid. I call her Dr. Jekyl an d Mr. Hyde- but USUALLY she's awesome. She's my little buddy. We've had quite the busy year and bless her heart she bears with me while I work all day then have to run my errands- she lets me drag her anywhere. I LOVE her!

Sorry if this is long- it's basically my journal for her. I need to be better at recording stuff. I love you monkey girl! (She got a lot of moneky stuff for her birthday- it suits her!:)

2 comments:

craftyashley said...

18 mos. is the cut off to gauge your child's age in months. Then it's years. Like "she's almost two" or "she's 2 1/2."
There are some people who insist on keeping the months. But that is just confusing. Your child is growing up! Deal with it! They've been alive in terms that are YEARS!

lacie tidwell said...

ahhh thanks Ashley! I've had people tell me 33 months before- what the heck!! ahh! frustrating! it's good to know I'm not alone in this incessant battle!