Thursday, June 24, 2010

PHILLY!

I am SO behind on blogging it's not even funny! oh where oh where to begin? I honestly thought this summer I'd be lounging around, taking a break, Hailyn would love the mommy alone time- WRONG!!!! Hailyn misses the preschool kiddos a TON, she's sick of me, and we have been BUSY BUSY BUSY doing just fun stuff the entire month of June! After school got out, we headed to San Diego with some friends and had a blast! we went to the zoo, the beach, ate a waffle ice cream sandwich that I was in love with and basically just enjoyed the break! It was awesome! Thank you again so much Bramdon and Sandy!!! I have some gorgeous pictures from that trip- that Brandon took- so as soon as I (ahem Brandon get on that eh?;) I'll post a lovely wonderful post on all the fun we had- because seriously, we had a blast- and I ate the best fish tacos of my LIFE!!! and Hailyn- she was in HEAVEN! I need pics Brandon so I can properly post here!


(NOTE! This post is excessively long!!!)
NEXT!: I have pics of this adventure!
After San Diego- we ventured back east- to the city of brotherly love- we went to visit our friends Matt and Calli in PHILADELPHIA!!! It was INCREDIBLE!!!! I wish we could have stayed longer! and boy did we cram a LOT into a week! I'm ultra impressed with our mad skills! Another trip back east is needed for sure!!!! we'll be back!!!! Anyhow, here's how this trip went:

Getting packed to go! Hailyn wanted to make sure we did not forget her!




Ryan Hailyn and I flew during naptime to Philly- with the time change (EST is three hours ahead of Vegas) we got in at 1130ish- I thought Hailyn would nap the whole time- nope! She unpacked her blanket I got for her and she was not interested in sleeping- Ryan was though- she was (sorta) good for the flight- not crying but wiggly and impatient and of course I brought no entertainment for her, assuming she would sleep- HA! I did hit the dollar store in Philly and bought $10 worth of entertainment, of which she slept the whole time home. Sigh- lesson learned- prepare and you will never use it- better safe than sorry! Anyhow, she did great home, there Ryan slept by the window- I took many deep breaths- Hailyn was an infant in lap baby but the nice lady in the aisle seat movesd to another aisle seat so we could have the whole row- everyone on the plane was super nice! So we get to Philly, Matt picked us up and we picked up our rental car- we got a STEAL of a deal on it (thanks for the research Matt!) and I was nearly certian Ryan would try and drive it back to Vegas- behold- the awesome car we had for four days!



It was super sweet! Hailyn fit nicely back there- I am considering making this our new family car- seriously!

Anyhow, the next morning, Ryan, Hailyn and I piled in the 'stang and Calli and her two cute kiddos got in thier car and we went to downtown Philly. We saw many of these:



Hailyn kept saying 'horsy' and pretty much seeing all the animals made her trip back east.

WE got to go to the Phiadelphia Fire Museum- it was AWESOME!!!!


Hailyn standing in the spot where Abraham Lincoln stood and gave an address (I have one of me where JFK stood!)


The oldest street in America- AWESOME! Ignore Hailyn- she was having a moment when she saw a coveted balloon another boy had- sigh- this child and balloons!


Independence Hall!

The next day we headed to Lancaster PA to visit Amish country- Intercourse PA!

The transportation in Intercourse!

Of course Hailyn HAD to feed the lambs! She also saw lots of 'horseys' and loved seeing all the animals!




I'll make another post about the rest of the vacation- but it was AWESOME!

No comments: