Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Closer to 2 than 1- I sorta want to cry!

Becasue she's not my baby anymore- she's becoming a big girl! I'm hoping to transition her bed this summer- and potty train! we'll see how that goes!


Ok, I HAVE to be better at posting- I just HAVE to be better!!!! Well, it's no secret, I am not a fan of change- I like the constant. Npt that I don't like to try new things or travel because I DO but at the end of the day I love coming home to the the comfort and familiarty of my home!

So the news that myt baby girl is turning into a PERSON is really throwing me for a loop here. I guess it's not news, it's a fact, but still. WE have had SO many changes this past year- two years really, that I was sorta hoping she would remain my adorable small squishy love bug but nope! the mean girl has to go and GROW UP on me- and FAST! NOT FAIR!

She is discovering HOW to do everything- she has to put her own shoes on- and she picks them out- she also has learned how to get to where she wants to be (aka pushing a chair across the room to unlock a door- uh oh- she's already trying to sneak out!)
(pic coming soon!)
She LOVEd the first month of nursery- HATED the second month! She was a screaming banshee the entire month for the whole 2 hours straight- she finally calmed down a BIT last week- fingers crossed! Especially since I have to go to church solo many sundays!(Ry's working)

She says phrases- like 'don't do that' yup smart mouth- awesome! WE are modeling (trying) good manners and behavior for her

She has had a ROUGH month in nursery (sad since she did great the first month) she did MUCH better this last week becasue I explained to her she was going, my girlfriend Kristi sat with her (bless her heart!) and I told Hailyn I love her and would be back soon- she was sad for a bit but NOT like the past month! FINGERS CROSSED!!!! So different than me- I RAN back to nursery as a child!

She has thrown herself on the ground when she doesn't get her way- tough kid, I'm the LAW get used to it! haha (evil laugh insert here) she gets over her pout session quickly though!

She has her moods with food- sometimes she eats a ton- other times I force gaterade down her just to make sure she stays hydrated!

She is picking up SO MUCH! I am having a blast seeing how her little brain makes connections!(she's so smart! ;) no bias here)

SHE LOVES ANIMALS LIKE I HAVE NEVER SEEN A CHILD LOVE ANAIMALS TO THIS MAGNITUDE! I'm thinking she will be a veteranarian! She went balistic at the zoo!(pictures of our awesome San Diego trip coming up soon!!!)

She had her first visit with the dentist and her teeth are looking good! (mine not so much!)

Her phrases 'stop that' and 'don't do that' lead me to believe she will someday be a bossy big sister (no I'm not annoucning anything)

She is a drama queen already! will throw herself down on the floor in a dranatic flare sorta way- awesome.She has also deicovered my wallet and taking out my credit cards and stashing them for her use later!
She is an independent, smart, savvy little girl- not my baby anymore- I sure love her!

2 comments:

Cheryl Whitney said...

oh she's still your baby alright... If I still consider Amber to be my baby...then Haylynn is definitely still a baby! LOL

Babs said...

oh my goodness she looks so much like you! She's a cutie.